Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sources!

I've been browsing around and I think I've found some solid sources for my research. Check them out below.

On another note, I'm getting a bit miffed because I wrote an extensive e-mail to my previous boss at Tiger Beat last week, inquiring whether she would be willing to answer a few questions about her observations. She hasn't responded, and over the summer she was always pretty quick to respond. I don't know if I should try again, rephrasing so that it is more brief, or I should just give up and focus on other sources.
-----

ARTICLES

Can High School Musical Do it Again?


High School Musical: Creating a Pop Phenom

Hannah Montana Star Ready to Break Out, Hilary Style

Disney Taps Wants, Wallets of ‘tweens

Disney Channel on Wikipedia

WEBSITES TO BROWSE

Tiger Beat
Disney Channel
Radio Disney

MUSIC VIDEOS

HSM: Breaking Free / What I’ve Been Looking For

Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds / At the White House / Virginity Vow

Jonas Brothers: SOS / on Hannah Montana

Emily Osment: I Don't Think About It

Corbin Bleu: Push It

Vanessa Hudgens: Say Ok

Ashley Tisdale: He Said She Said

BOOKS

The great tween buying machine: capturing your share of the multi-billion-dollar tween market
By David L. Siegel, Timothy J. Coffey, and Gregory Livingston
(link)

The Wonderful World of Disney Television
By Bill Coter
(link / link)

“Tween” Scene: Resistence within the Mainstream in Music Scenes
By Melanie Lowe
In Music Scenes (yay!)

No comments: